I have been in quite the baking mood lately. Such an intense baking mood that in a brash decision I told my boyfriend I was going to start a business selling protein baked goods to gyms and fitness centers locally—as if my full time nursing position at the hospital and part time position at the outpatient center isn’t enough for me!! I think I’ll just continue to bake recreationally and share my recipes with you loyal blog readers 🙂
My first protein cupcake attempt were chocolate peanut butter cupcakes with a peanut butter protein frosting.
Cupcakes – Serving Size: 6 Cupcakes
– 1/4 cup peanut butter-flavored Whey Protein ( I used Cellucor Peanut Butter Marshmallow)
– 1/4 cup whole wheat flour ( I actually used 1/8 c. whole wheat, and 1/8 c. self rising flour)
– 1/3 tsp Baking Soda
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 1 tbsp unsweetened Cocoa Powder
– 2/3 cup Almond Milk (I used Reduced Sugar vanilla)
– 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
**I did not have any but, I think it would be good to add a couple tbs of PB2 powdered peanut butter to the mix!
- 1/2 cup plain fat free greek yogurt
- 1/2 scoop peanut butter protein powder
- 1 packet of stevia/sweetener of choice
- Capful of almond milk until desired consistency. I think I added 5-6 capfuls For my frosting!
- Optional (BUT DELICIOUS): 2 tbs melted peanut butter
Preheat oven to 350F. Combine all ingredients for cupcakes in a medium size bowl. Add batter to a muffin tin, lined with cupcake liners–spray the cupcake liners with a nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 12-15 minutes until cooked through– touch tops of cupcakes, if it doesn’t sink in –and springs back, its done!
Mix greek yogurt, peanut butter flavored protein, and stevia together. One capful at a time, add almond milk until desired consistency.
Macros (with peanut butter drizzle) per cupcake
Calories: 101 3.5F 8.2C 10.1 P
Recipe modified from:
Stay Tuned for Funfetti Protein Cupcake recipe! 🙂