So, a few months back I posted my low fat protein pumpkin cheesecake recipe. I posted some recommendations of other flavors at the bottom of that recipe, but I still had people complaining that they don’t like pumpkin and don’t know how to modify for the recommended substitutions. So I decided to help out!! This is the exact same recipe I used a few months back, just modified without pumpkin purée.
I made a delicious strawberry cheesecake and it turned out fantastic!! I feel like I’m cheating on my diet, but I’m not!
The best part of this cheesecake, aside from it being low calorie, low fat, and delicious — is that it is so versatile. You can make whatever flavor you fancy by trying out different yogurt and protein powder flavors. Seriously, get creative!!! Continue reading
Happy Fourth of July Weekend! I hope everyone had a safe and fun, firework-filled holiday! I know it’s difficult to stay on a diet during the holidays, but shake it off and get right back to it come Monday! Remember:
Memories Over Macros.
Life will go on after one BBQ filled with hot dogs, alcoholic beverages, and red, white, and blue sprinkled cookies! I wanted to share with you a dessert I made over the weekend that was a hit!
Now, I wouldn’t go meal prepping with it, as it is still high in sugars, but it’s a lower calorie option than most desserts at the party! Plus it’s very asthetically pleasing 🙂
Red, White, and BlueBerry Dessert Trifle
- Angel food cake, cut into cubes (I used pre-made)
- 1 Light Cool Whip (you could make your own whipped cream–even homemade whipped cream made from coconut milk would be awesome! But I worked the night shift before and I was too tired for the extra steps)
- 2 packages Fat free, sugar free cheesecake instant Jello mix
- Skim milk for jello (make as jello as prescribed on box, believe a total of 4 cups)
- 2 lb strawberries
- 1 large package blueberries
- Optional: raspberries (Walmart did not have raspberries the day I went, so I went sans raspberries)
I have been in quite the baking mood lately. Such an intense baking mood that in a brash decision I told my boyfriend I was going to start a business selling protein baked goods to gyms and fitness centers locally—as if my full time nursing position at the hospital and part time position at the outpatient center isn’t enough for me!! I think I’ll just continue to bake recreationally and share my recipes with you loyal blog readers 🙂
My first protein cupcake attempt were chocolate peanut butter cupcakes with a peanut butter protein frosting.
Cupcakes – Serving Size: 6 Cupcakes
– 1/4 cup peanut butter-flavored Whey Protein ( I used Cellucor Peanut Butter Marshmallow)
– 1/4 cup whole wheat flour ( I actually used 1/8 c. whole wheat, and 1/8 c. self rising flour)
– 1/3 tsp Baking Soda Continue reading
Can you tell I’m experimenting with my new CELLUCOR Cor-fetti Cake Batter Protein powder?! Lots of Cake batter recipes!! Sorry, but I LOVE it! I would absolutely recommend buying it! Here’s a recipe to satiate any ice cream cravers’ appetite! Frozen fruit blends to a perfect ice cream-like consistency! Add your favorite toppings and enjoy with none of the guilt! Here’s my cake batter rendition: Continue reading
If you have read my previous protein pancake recipe you will not be surprised by any of the ingredients I used here. I have just tweaked my original pancake recipe to work with my new Cellucor Cor-fetti cake whey protein powder
When the sweet tooth comes out, sometimes there is no other option but to give in. Here are four desserts that won’t completely ruin your diet! Continue reading